Trend Articles Collection

RESOURCES : www.ezinearticles.com

Why You Don't Need to Try it on to See If it Fits!

I think it's probably safe to say that my husband would not be expected to wear women's clothing if he worked in women's retail. Nor would I be expected to wear men's clothing if I sold men's retail. So why is it that some people make the assumption that in order to sell something they need to try it first?
When I was in college, I worked as PaceSetter for a Banana Republic. The company encouraged their salespeople to wear their clothing. Some would argue that this increased sales for the company, but the theory had more to do with providing customers validation for the product. Who wants to buy clothes from someone who wears and prefers JCrew when they are coming into Banana Republic?
While this is true, not all of the styles work for everybody. The idea is to look good in what you wear so that others will want to buy. Disgusting your customers on the fit of the clothing is not the objective.
I remember there was a pair of jeans for women designed after a man's style, wider on the hips and loose fitting on the legs. It was designed to be like the fit of your boyfriend's jeans. Given that I had no hips, the jeans just sort of bunched up at my hips and made me look about 5 pounds heavier. Not the most flattering style on me, but they were the most popular selling jeans in the company. While the jeans did not fit me well, I knew that it was a style that worked 80% of the time for most people, and so I would sell and promote these jeans to everyone looking for a new style.
This is no different to the network marketing business, whatever your product. If your product is a good one and it is consumable, often one of the main objectives is that your prospect needs to try it first to make sure it works for them. Sound vaguely familiar?
The big picture is who does it work for? The market is much bigger than one person? If the majority of people are going to experience benefits and the product provides a unique value, then your prospect's opinion is meaningless to the growth of the company.
Now if I followed this same thinking when I was selling retail, I would have lost out in many sales of a pair of jeans that looked dumpy on me. So I share this analogy with people who say I need to try it first. If they still don't see the big picture, provide them with the option to be a customer of your products, because in the end it is not about selling anything to anyone, but rather about providing better options.
The opportunity is not whether the products work for you, but rather about all the other lives that it can benefit. Once people truly recognize how this business can impact the lives of others, what the products and the business does for you no longer matters. Moving away from this sales mentality mindset and into a servant mentality will inevitably lead you to greater success than focusing on you and the product.
We welcome your comments and objections... Learn how to handle other objections and how to maximize your results FOR FREE! Get FREE insider access to videos of how we built our business NOT approaching our Family and Friends!
Come see and enter your information at http://www.shaneandkimfranklin.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Trend Articles Collection by Noman khan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.trendarticles.co.cc.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Counter

Articles Collection

Followers

See Also Here

Visitors

free counters